How to Recover Deleted Partition in Windows 10?
Are you in a panic because you accidentally deleted a partition in Windows 10? Worry no more! In this article, we will walk you through the entire process of how to recover deleted partition in Windows 10. With the help of a few easy steps, you will be able to get back your partition. So, let’s get started.
Recovering a deleted partition in Windows 10 is fairly easy. It can be done using the Windows built-in tool, Disk Management. Follow these steps to recover the deleted partition:
- Open Disk Management by typing “diskmgmt.msc” in the search box of Windows 10.
- Select the disk containing the deleted partition and right-click on it.
- Choose the “Change Drive Letter and Paths” option.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- Choose the drive letter for the deleted partition.
- Click “OK” to apply the changes.
- Check the deleted partition in the Disk Management window.
- Right-click on the deleted partition and select the “Mark Partition as Active” option.
- Reboot your system and check the deleted partition in the “My Computer” window.
Introduction to Recovering Deleted Partition in Windows 10
Partitioning is an effective way to manage data and keep your computer organized. It helps you to separate your data and applications into different drives. In Windows 10, you can create and delete partitions as per your requirements. However, you may accidentally delete a partition, leaving your data and applications inaccessible. In this article, we will discuss the ways to recover a deleted partition in Windows 10.
Using Disk Management Tool
The Disk Management tool provided by Windows 10 is a great way to recover a deleted partition. This tool is a graphical user interface that can be used to manage partitions and disks. To use this tool, follow the steps given below:
1. Press the Windows key + X shortcut and select the Disk Management option from the list.
2. Right-click on the unallocated space of the disk and select the ‘New Simple Volume’ option.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to create the new partition.
Once the partition is created, you can access the data stored in it. However, the data stored in the deleted partition may not be accessible using the Disk Management tool. In such cases, you can use a third-party partition recovery tool to recover the data.
Using Third-Party Partition Recovery Tool
Third-party partition recovery tools are specialized software applications that can be used to recover deleted partitions. These tools are designed to scan the disk and locate the deleted partition. Once the partition is located, these tools can be used to recover the data stored in it.
To use a third-party partition recovery tool, follow the steps given below:
1. Download and install the partition recovery tool on your computer.
2. Launch the tool and select the disk from which the partition was deleted.
3. Click on the ‘Scan’ button to start the scanning process.
4. Once the scan is complete, the tool will list all the deleted partitions.
5. Select the deleted partition and click on the ‘Recover’ button to recover the data stored in it.
Using Command Prompt
If you are a command line user, then you can use the Command Prompt to recover a deleted partition. This method requires you to enter a few commands in the Command Prompt window. To use this method, follow the steps given below:
1. Press the Windows key + X shortcut and select the Command Prompt option from the list.
2. Enter the ‘diskpart’ command and press the Enter key.
3. Enter the ‘list disk’ command and press the Enter key.
4. Enter the ‘select disk #’ command and press the Enter key.
5. Enter the ‘list partition’ command and press the Enter key.
6. Enter the ‘select partition #’ command and press the Enter key.
7. Enter the ‘recover’ command and press the Enter key.
Once the partition is recovered, you can access the data stored in it.
Things to Keep in Mind
Before you start recovering a deleted partition, there are a few things that you should keep in mind.
Data Loss Risk
The recovery process can cause data loss in some cases. To prevent this, make sure to backup your data before you start the recovery process.
Third-party partition recovery tools require a certain set of system requirements to be fulfilled. Make sure to check the system requirements before you install the tool on your computer.
Recovering a deleted partition in Windows 10 is a fairly simple process. You can use the Disk Management tool provided by Windows 10 to recover the partition. Alternatively, you can also use a third-party partition recovery tool or the Command Prompt to recover the partition. However, make sure to backup your data before you start the recovery process to avoid any data loss.
Top 6 Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Partition on a Hard Drive?
A partition on a hard drive is a logical division of the storage space on the hard drive. It is used to create multiple independent storage areas on a single hard drive, allowing you to organize data and applications in different ways. Each partition appears as a separate drive, so you can install different operating systems on each partition or store important data on one partition and less important data on another.
What is a Deleted Partition?
A deleted partition is a partition that has been removed from the hard drive. This can happen accidentally if the user tries to create a new partition or delete an existing one, or if the partition is damaged or corrupted.
How to Recover Deleted Partition in Windows 10?
The best way to recover a deleted partition in Windows 10 is to use a reliable data recovery tool such as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This tool will scan the hard drive and look for any deleted partitions. Once it finds the deleted partitions, it will allow you to recover them and save them to a safe location.
Are there any Other Ways to Recover Deleted Partition?
Yes, there are other ways to recover a deleted partition in Windows 10. You can also use the Windows Disk Management utility to view the partitions on the hard drive and restore the deleted partition. You can also use the command prompt to manually scan the hard drive and recover the deleted partition.
What Happens if a Partition is Accidentally Deleted?
If a partition is accidentally deleted, then the data stored on it will be lost. This is why it is important to back up your data regularly, as you may need to recover the data from the backup in case of accidental deletion.
What are the Risks of Recovering a Deleted Partition?
The main risk of recovering a deleted partition is that the data stored on the deleted partition may be damaged or corrupted. It is important to use a reliable data recovery tool such as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to make sure that the data is recovered safely and without any errors.
Recovering deleted partitions in Windows 10 is a complex and time-consuming task, but it’s one that can be done with the right tools and knowledge. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can successfully recover your deleted partition, restoring your data and getting back to work in no time. With the right know-how, you can easily recover your deleted partition and get your system back up and running.